Monday, March 31, 2008

OK, I kinda like this guy


I'm far from convinced that this is how it's going to be regularly, but man, Carlos Gomez can do some things. He was by far the most exciting player on the field Monday night as the Twins opened the season with a 3-2 win over the Angels.
I'm still doubtful about his ability to get on base, but if he can steal bases like that, and throw in some XBH, he might work out in the leadoff spot after all.

Then again, it's one game. He could go 0-4 with 3 Ks tonight.

*Livan. WTF. You are not that good. I simply refuse to believe it. But that was a pretty good start.
*Brendan Harris had two hits, which probably just made Gardy mad. Can't start Punto yet.
*Craig Monroe starting at DH, against a righty. Why? Why, why, why, why, why, why? You are an idiot, Ron Gardenhire.
*Pat Neshek made Vlad Guerrero his bitch. And even though Neshek doesn't like me, I enjoyed it.
*Think Joe Nathan has seen Torii Hunter hit before? Nothing but cutters and sliders low and away.
*Hey Justin Morneau - any day now, dude.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just like Gomez because he slides head first into first like Punto.

Anonymous said...

I don't have that big a problem with Kubel not playing. I did last year when Rondell Black, Tyner, and Ford were playing in front of him, but I think as the season goes, Craig Monroe will be just as good as Kubel. Besides, when Kubel plays, all Bremer will talk about is how bad Kubel's knees are.

How about D Young getting screwed on his assist from Left field? He's got a cannon. Not quite the arm of Rondell White, but close.