Friday, August 10, 2007

Takin' the weekend off

*Seriously, if someone had shown this picture to Terry Ryan or Ron Gardenhire, maybe they never would've let him open the season as the starting 3B.

*You all knew, like I did, that the Twins 11-run burst on Wednesday was a total fluke, and that was proven when they were shutout by KC's Kyle Davies on Thursday.
At this point, I don't care if the Twins are a half-game out, the way they're playing right now, talking pennant race is a joke.
I just hope they're able to stay above the .500 mark and extend their club record streak of consecutive winning seasons to 7.

But I won't be watching this weekend. That's because me and the Roadrunners leave Friday for Yankton to compete in the Class A state amateur baseball tournament.
We are 11-11, but I think most people look at us as a dark horse, as we've underachieved all year. We've got a chance, but the Class A field is loaded this year. And we've got some injuries.
But we made it, so we might as well try to win the thing.
Wish us luck.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually remember when that picture was taken! It sure was a lot easier to hit my weight back in those days.

Anonymous said...

1 comment? Guess everyone has given up

Anonymous said...

Garrrrr me heart be broke. The Twins be playin' like scurrvy scum.
Don't be frettin' over me. I'll be fine, lads. I be keepin' me wits as long as I still have me rum.
Garrrrrza be MVP.

Anonymous said...

Garrrrrdenhire be manager of the year!

Anonymous said...

Marrrrrrney Gellnarrrrrrr be havin' lots of booty.

Anonymous said...

Looks like the Roadrunners may have taken the weekend off too. Maybe 2008 will be the year.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I'm going to watch anymore Twins games this year. I just can't take it anymore.

Anonymous said...

Punto failing to get down a sac bunt in the 9th....again! Why in the world is he even in the lineup? His defense will not win them games, and his offense is non-existent. Morneau left 332 people on base in scoring position too.