Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I am 8-for-26 at the plate, which is like, over .300


So we're playing Brookings, and in the 6th inning, I notice the leftfielder is playing way in on me.
Way in.
I'm not suggesting that I deserve a lot of respect at the plate but seriously, dude was like 20 feet behind the dirt.
Pissed me off.
So I doubled over his head. Would've been a routine fly-out to left probably, but since he was way in, it burned him for a deuce.

Fast forward to the top of the 10th. It's 4-4 we're tied, two outs, man on second, Zim at the dish. Outfielders are now playing straight up, and Zim responds with a base knock to right-center, scoring the go-ahead run. Two hits later, Zim scores the insurance run (referring to myself in the 3rd person rules, by the way).
Game winning hit, right?
Well, no.

Three in the bottom of the 10th by the Cubbies, and we lose.
That sucks.

I tell you this story for two reasons: One, to brag about what an awesomely mediocre hitter I am, and two, as an excuse for why I don't have much to say about the Twins 1-0 loss to Detroit.

This is what I'll say, having read the recap.
When you're in a race, and a rookie 5th starter holds Detroit to 1 run, and you lose, that hurts. And the Twins have done it twice now, blowing great starts by Matt Garza and Scott Baker. Goddammit.

And Nate Robertson isn't even that good. You're at home. Score a fucking run.
That hurts. Not so much because it was against Detroit, because I don't think the Twins will catch Detroit anyway, but because it was a missed opportunity - an opportunity to keep making up ground and to keep their winning streak going.

Shit.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flat out, Punto is horrible. He is currently hitting .209. In the 8th, he was unable to lay down a bunt with a runner on 1st and nobody out. With 2 strikes he swings away and flies out to shallow right. Next, Castillo grounds into an inning ending double play. Way to move the runner over, Nick. You suck.

codytwins3 said...

no shit. score a fucking run. 3 hits off of nate robertson? fuck that. we have the streakiest offense in all of baseball, not to mention the shittiest bottom 3rd of the batting order too.

Anonymous said...

Yet more shameless bragging on zim's part, disguised as a Twins blog. Seriously, I can't believe you don't see through this guy.

Anonymous said...

See through him? It's hard enough to see around him.

SDTwin said...

Solari is just jealous that by leaving Sioux Falls for the greener pastures of Michigan, he no longer can play competitive baseball.
Instead, he spends his time ruthlessly taunting the poor, underprivelaged, crack-addicted minorities of mid-town Detroit, by parking his used SUV in their sandlots and leaving Rich Show and Wolfmother CDRs in plain view - just daring the afflicted to smash in his window.
Also, he smokes clove cigarettes.

Also, I am batting .307. I rule.

Anonymous said...

What the fuck? A piranha rally?

Anonymous said...

Twins lose. They can't find ways to win games, but they can find ways to lose them.

ZSS said...

Ouch. But really, clove cigarettes? He doesn't wear a beret, does he?

Anonymous said...

All I can say is, you read the Tigers were going to sweep from me first. And I may be playing ball again by the fall. And I got back most of my music via the net. So again, I'm the big winner, Zim.