Monday, June 26, 2006

Non-Twins news

*Over at Skolvikes Newt has his NFL predictions up for 2006, division by division.
Guess who he has to win the Super Bowl.
Somebody asked me the other day how I thought the Vikings would do this year. I answered somewhere between 2-14 and 14-2.
*Sid Hartman is seriously trying to convince us the Wolves might get Adam Morrisson. Right. The ESPN guys predicted the Wolves (who have the 6th pick) would draft some power forward I'd never heard of. Seems to me the Wolves already have a power forward.....
*The Wild acquired Pavol Demitra at the draft this weekend. He's really good. Hopefully it'll increase their chances of re-signing Marion Gaborik. The Wild also made news last week when they hired 24-year old Chris Snow, the former Wild beat writer for the Strib, as their new VP of hockey ops. For nerds like me who allow themselves such fantasies, that's pretty cool.
*Stampede stud Andreas Nodl was drafted by my former favorite NHL team, the Philadelphia Flyers, in the 2nd round - 39th overall. Nodl will go to St. Cloud this year, and hopefully be there for 2-3 years. I got to know Andy pretty well while he was here, and it'll be cool to see him on TV in a Flyers sweater. (After, of course, he leads the Huskies to a national title.)
*In case you're interested, you can keep track of my .250 batting average and the Roadrunners inconsistent play here
*And finally, a web-site that recognizes those times when you're at the bar, you see a hot chick and you go, 'What the fuck?'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»