Friday, July 15, 2005

0-4, K

That would be Bret Boone's line in his first game batting 3-hole for the Twins.
I'm not going to make any judgements on one game.
But only two runs were scored, a fine performance by Kyle Lohse was wasted, and a 1-0 White SOx win put the deficit back at 10 games.
Morneau was not in the lineup, so we'll see what happens tonight. I think the Twins picked up Boone as much for Morneau's benefit (and Mauer's) as anybodys.
Just once, (okay 13 or 14 times in this second half) I'd like to see the Twins have one of those 15 run, 22 hit games.
Also worth noting, Gardy told the Strib that Punto will be the 3B when Cuddy comes off the DL.
I don't know if the Twins are interested in Cuddyer taking that role of power utility players he had last year, but he's done as far as being an everyday player.
I think there's a very good chance he'll soon be traded.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Man there is alot of comment spam I have noticed. Is there any way to remove it from the blogs?