Thursday, May 03, 2007

I'm Back....sort of

I'm making this short only because I'm trying to cut and past it from a computer I'm not even supposed to be using - my internet access at home is not working - AGAIN!
Did I mention that Midco sucks?
Eat my ass, Midco.

While I didn't get to watch any of it (I was getting hitched Friday and Saturday - I survived, and yes, I'm officially married - and I was too hung over to watch Sunday), the Twins took 2 of 3 from the Tigers in Detroit.
That was great.
You may remember that last time this year, the Twins went into Detroit and were swept in three straight by a combined score of 33-1.
That sucked. I remember wondering how long before Gardy would get fired.

So just when things looked shitty, there was a bright spot.

And now it's all shitty again.
It pains me to say it, but I'm glad the Twins don't play the D-Rays anymore. They batted over. 600 for the year against Joe Nathan (try getting ahead in the count, Joe, that helps), and their shitty pitchers somehow keep the Twins just enough off-balance. Although I should admit, Al Reyes is on my fantasy team (because I am very smart, and I knew about Al Reyes way back in February), and he picked up a win and a save. So that counts for something, I guess.
Wait, no it doesn't. I don't want to be that guy. The fantasy guy. Forget I said anything.

Nathan fans shouldn't jump off a bridge, but his struggles are worth some cocern, because he's been getting hit all season, even when he has been getting the saves. I'm just going to assume that when it gets warmer, his velocity will improve, along with the bite on his breaking stuff. Same with Johan.

Some other random notes
*It figures that Torii Hunter seems to be finally making the leap from good hitter to great hitter right when the Twins are preparing to let him walk via free-agency. Dude is on fire.
*Glad to have Luis Castillo back. And Jeff Cirillo.
As for RonDL, I get the impression that the team is sick and tired of his injuries/excuses. With Lew Ford poised to return within a month, I'd leave Kubel in left, with Tyner and Ford as the backups. I'd use Rondell primarily as a DH and PH. The Twins need a veteran PH anyway.
*Ramon Ortiz was bound to get hit. It won't be the last time this year.
*Sir Sid lives another day. With Scott Baker, Matt Garza and Kevin Slowey combining for about a 0.80 ERA in Triple-A, most fans are pissed whenever Sid throws a decent game. He's got at least two more people, maybe more.
*And finally, if I managed the Twins, this is my lineup.

C Joe Mauer
2B Luis Castillo
1B Justin Morneau
RF Michael Cuddyer
CF Torii Hunter
LF Jason Kubel (Tyner occasionally)
DH Jeff Cirillo (RonDL occasionally)
3B Nick Punto
SS Jason Bartlett

No comments: