Friday, May 18, 2007

10 days, 6 cities, 7 parks, 10 games


By the time anyone reads this, my new wife and I will be on the road to Milwaukee, the first stop on our honeymoon.
We were married Apr. 28, and starting Friday we are embarking on a 10-day road trip to 7 major league ballparks.

Here's the lowdown:
Tonight we'll be at Miller Park when the Twins take on the Brewers, and we'll be there again Saturday night.
Sunday we're in Chicago for an epic interleague clash, when the White Sox face the Cubs at Wrigley.
Monday night we travel across town to see the Sox host the A's.
Tuesday we're in Detroit for Angels vs. Tigers.
Wednesday and Thursday we're in Cincinnati, Friday and Saturday we're in St. Louis, Sunday Mariners at Royals in KC, and on our way back home Memorial Day.

It should be an awesome trip.
We're going to be visiting some of baseball's best and newest ballparks, and hopefully we'll see some good (rain-free) baseball.

Brienne's bringing her laptop with, so hopefully I'm planning to check in here whenever I can with some updates from the trip.
I'll try to nail down all the particulars (coldest beer, best hot dog, hottest chicks, etc.)
It starts tonight and Saturday, with Boof and Scott Baker going up against a team that is suddenly the best in the NL.

I could spit out a few graphs about how shitty the Twins are playing right now, but I don't want to get in a bad mood.
I've got a lot of drinking and driving to do.

Separately, of course.

4 comments:

ZSS said...

Have fun man. Reading this you've made me incredibly jealous. Make sure to lock your doors while on your way to watch the White Sox at home.

Anonymous said...

You rule. That is awesome.
Whoa.
I just realized how much my girlfriend sucks.

Anonymous said...

Safe travels, I'll see you guys Tuesday

Anonymous said...

I love my wife a lot - but now I love your wife too - would she plan our anniversary - this our twentieth and I bet she'ld set up a whole summer of baseball stadiums for us - man, you are the man