Thursday, February 01, 2007

Shit or Get Off the Pot

Who else can't wait for the Super Bowl to get over so we can hear two months of speculation about whether or not shit-teeth over here is going to retire or come back for another agonizingly mediocre season?
Is this any less annoying than the T.O. bullshit? I think not.

Let me be clear on one thing. I like Brett Favre. Even as a Vikings fan, I do. He's a likable guy in a league full of unlikable people.
He plays hard, he plays hurt, he's loyal to his team, he's a great leader, he's overcome adversity, he drinks beer, yada yada yada.

But, dude, just retire.
Or don't, I don't really care. I just want you to make up your goddam mind.

Yeah, the Packers were a little better last year, but they had a real easy schedule - two of the Packs wins came against the Vikes. I still don't think they're worth a shit. So...maybe retire.

But, as long as you came back for last season, in which there was never any hope for the playoffs from day one, you might as well stick it out for a little while longer. Or else, what was the point?

I've never liked the idea that guys are supposed to go out on top, or retire before their skills diminish, or whatever.
The assholes that say and write that shit have never played sports in their life. You don't play sports so you can have nice articles written about you in the paper, or so you can have a 'legacy' or even to make money or win championships.

You play because you love the sport. It's fun.

It was fun when you were 7 years old in the backyard, it's fun when you're 38 at Lambeau Field.

Or maybe it's not.
If it's not - quit. If it is - keep playing. Play till you're 50. Play as long as they'll let you.

Just make a decision, okay?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have made my decision for next year, I will return to play.

Brett Farve

P.S. Lets keep this on the DL Zim

SDTwin said...

Thank you, Brett, for making a decision expeditiously.
Good luck to you in 2007. You will need it.

Anonymous said...

Luck? Why? They'll have another easy schedule after going 8-8. So why does he need luck? To get by who? The Vikes? The Lions?? *chortle* *snicker*

I think he'll be ok playing in the NFC.

My team sucks, but we still beat you guys.

-ZS

SDTwin said...

youre right acutally. luck is probly not needed in the NFC

Anonymous said...

And thankfully, he'll be playing without any heartburn. Which is a relief to all of us I'm sure.

-ZS