Saturday, May 07, 2005

Kirby and Herbie Part 2

Is it too early to compare Mauer and Morneau? If you look at the numbers, maybe not.
After they both went deep on Friday, Mauer is now hitting .349, while Morneau is at .376.
Since Kirby and Herbie retired, the Twins haven't really had a true '3' hitter or a true cleanup hitter. They now clearly have a legitimate hitter at both.
I can't say a lot about the game, as I spent most of the evening at a track meet per the requirements of my job, but I will say that when Santana gave up back to back triples to start the game, Biff leaned over to me and said, "He won't give up another run the rest of the game." I figured there was about a 90 % chance he was right, and he was.
I'm also really happy to see Gardy let Santana go the whole way, the 2nd consecutive complete game for the Twins. Probly has something to do with Rincon's suspension, the bullpen not being as trustable suddenly.
But again, Mauer, 4 hits, Morneau another bomb. These guys are soooo, soooo good.
Too bad the F'ing White Sox won again. They are 22-7 and that is really good.

No comments: