Friday, May 27, 2005

Cleveland Sucks

I don't mean the team, although they aren't that good, I mean the city.
And I've never even been there.
But it sucks, and I'm glad that series is over. As Bradke said, it seemed like that four game set lasted two months.
Drew Carey can suck it.
Funny, how the same day that I ripped JC a new one he pitched his ass off and saved the game for the Twins, coming into a 4-4 game with a runner on 3rd and nobody out and stranding him. That's big time pitching.
But I still think he's a chickenshit. If he pulls a couple more of those I may change my mind.
Pretty satisfying day yesterday, actually. Jesse Crain picked up the win, on the same day that I added him to my fantasy team.
I also added John Lackey to my fantasy team, and he got me a win, too. Over the White Sox. Nice.
Now if Barry Zito would pull his head out of his ass maybe I could get back in the thing.
But seriously, the White Sox seem to almost be cooling off a bit. The Twins are still five back, which seems like a lot, but one good week and we could be within 1 or 2.
It's a long season. The Sox are good, but I still say the Twins are better.

PS - Went to see Star Wars last night. I hated Episodes 1 &2 but this one was pretty frickin' good.
But one thing bugged me. Twice Anakin Skywalker was advised not to be a "pawn" in someone else's plans.
Now, this whole Star Wars Universe was supposed to take place "long, long ago, far, far, away" right?
But a pawn, of course, is a reference to chess. Chess was invented like in the middle ages or something. So that doesn't make any sense.

No comments: