Thursday, April 07, 2005

T-Minus 25 hours (sort of)

In 25 hours, Kyle Lohse will be pitching to Juan Uribe, or whatever crappy guy the Sox are batting leadoff. By that time I'm sure I will have cossumed a decent amount of Anheiser Busch product.
Home openers are great, even at the Dome. Big crowd, a great atmosphere with a lot of positive energy. The worst one I've seen was when Radke gave up a homerun to Gerald Williams on the FIRST PITCH OF THE SEASON, en route to a 7-0 Devil Rays win in which the Twins managed 3 measley hits against venerable Steve Trachsel. Believe that was in '99.
In 2000 they beat Toronto 6-1 in a great game, then had practice on the field immediately after. That was cool.
Anyway, I'm psyched to be there, I have a good feeling the Twins are gonna score some runs this weekend.
Overall they looked pretty sharp against Seattle, things are going according to plan, I think.
BTW- AJ will be behind the dish for Chicago. It'll be interesting to see what kind of reaction he gets, but I for one will be cheering. AJ was a solid player and a great character. Had a knack for clutch hits, and while people deride him for his mouth, he backs it up.
When he hit that homer off Billy Koch in Game 5 of the '02 ALDS, and flipped his bat as if to say, "Suck on that, Koch," I decided he was the coolest Twin, maybe ever. I even heard he's a smoker.
I am not a smoker, yet I find it very cool and manly that a pro baseball player lights up some heaters after he kicks your ass.
I wonder how long before AJ calls Frank Thomas a big pussy. When he does it'll be overdue.

No comments: