Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Time for a breather

You had to see this coming.
With the newpaper industry in the toilet, as free websites and blogs slice into subscriptions at an alarming rate, there has been more of a need for me to focus on my other blog, the one I get paid (sort of) to do.
And as you've certainly noticed, keeping up two blogs has been difficult for me.
So I'm going to make the break here at Twinstown official.
I'm not officially quitting, and I'm not going to take the blog down. You never know when something will come up that I can't write about (the way I want to, anyway) on the Argus site.
But regular updates will continue to be few and far between.

I'm not really going away, though. My Argus blog is basically the same as this one, just without the F-words, and, admittedly, with stuff about local Sioux Falls sports a lot of people probably don't care about. But if you can wade through that stuff, I still think it's a worthwhile place to stop by on your morning rounds through the internet.
Now that I'm officially taking time off from this blog, I'll try to include more Twins stuff at the Argus site.

The one thing I've noticed about blogs, even some of the best ones, is that it's a lot more work than people realize, and you're starting to see more and more bloggers get burned out on it. I mean, once someone offers you money to blog somewhere else, it's hard to keep going on the one you do for free.
So I guess we're all a bunch of sellouts after all.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

we'll miss you Big Z --- I just saw that Rincon signed with Clevland. Would have liekd to see you start a fund down at Skelly's for us all to chip in for a tank of gas to get the guy gone.
Will hit your official site - hope you keep up the insights. First they get married, then they quit blogging and learn to knit - same old story :)
--Lee Schoenbeck

Anonymous said...

I know I'll miss the F-bombs.

Anonymous said...

Sellout!

Anonymous said...

fuck ad up his black butt

Anonymous said...

Pussy.

Anonymous said...

Stu Whitney wouldn't quit.

Anonymous said...

even Mick Garry would tough it out!

Anonymous said...

You're like the Nick Punto of blogging. Only shittier.

Anonymous said...

Your "breather" is over. Get your ass back here and write!

Anonymous said...

Your other blog is "locked"! Write some shit, pussy!

Anonymous said...

Beck is now AL publisher? It's time for you to get the fuck out of there.
What a butt wart that guy is.

I hope Dan Scott takes the AL to the cleaners.