Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Bigger problems than this guy


That's Ponson - sans mullet.
Sir Sid gave up 8 runs on 10 hits in 5 2/3 innings, and I actually don't think he pitched too bad.
Jason Kubel turned a routine fly into a double, and, against the most powerful lineup in the game, most of the hits Sid gave up were bleeders and bloopers. The homer to A-Rod wasn't, but why the hell was he still in the game to face the hottest hitter in the game at that point?
Carlos Silva pitched well in his debut, too, so all of a sudden the rotation doesn't seem like a major issue.
That's because the lineup isn't scoring any runs, Jason Bartlett can't catch the ball, and RonDL White and Jeff Cirillo are on the disabled list.
I really wanted to give RonDL a second chance after he had a strong finish to last year, but seriously, goddamit.
The guy pulled his hamstring doing a skip out of the dugout. I don't care if it was 50-below, you're a goddamn pussy if you pull a muscle skipping (actually you might be a pussy just for skipping at all).
As for Cirillo, he figured to be the only reliable bench player the Twins could rely on, but he's bound for knee surgery and will be out at least a month.
Josh Rabe, Jason Tyner and Mike Redmond will now get more ABs, and none of those guys deserve regular playing time at the ML level.
Alexi Casilla was called up to replace Cirillo, and he'll at least give the team some speed and maybe even a kick in the ass to Bartlett, who looks nothing like the confident player who batted .309 and was stellar in the field last season.

8 comments:

ZSS said...

I watched this entire game last night, the Twins looked kinda sloppy and I hate the Yankees. It was a shitty evening. Just a side note, as you'll see now I'm completely ripping you off (to a half-assed degree). Be sure to check it out. I think I should have earned your respect however, after suffering through the days of watching all those Twins games with you in the summers of '95 through '97. Hopefully Bonser can shut the Yank's down tonight.

Anonymous said...

you're wrong about Tyner, but I agree about White - skipping!
and what's wrong with our FSN tonight - no game!!! no channee!! weather whimp out for the cable!!

Anonymous said...

never mind - cable's back ----- how come you aren't commenting on that baseball thief at first for the Yankees - he ought to be worth one of your good outbursts, we didn't even get a pair of dirty socks for him - and we were overpaid!

ZSS said...

I can't deny that I still like Soundgarden, and I can't deny that I used to have an affinity for redheads. But I have been a Neko Case for quite some time, as well as alt country. I like what I like. As a matter of fact Stephanie and I saw her in Lawrence, Kansas last Friday. Excellent show. Save your smartassery for another day my friend. Nice game tonight by the way, helluvan 8th inning. I just purchased my MLB Extra Innings package today, should be a decent season.

ZSS said...

Neko Case fan, Jesus I'm retarded.

SDTwin said...

Yeah, I have only been a Neko Case for about 10 minutes.
I've been a Neko Case fan since about '99.

SDTwin said...

Jesus, you're retarded.

ZSS said...

Thank you, I'll be here all night making a fool of myself.