Thursday, August 25, 2005

Same shit, different day

There have been many, many times that I've wanted to use that as my lead in a story about Augie football, but of course, I can't. That's the beauty of being my own editor at TwinsTown. I can do whatever the hell I want..
Had the Twins swept the Sox, I'd be getting really excited..
They nearly came back from down 6-0 last night, and tied the score today in the 9th, only to lose in xtra innings.
There could have been no better way to ensure a White Sox choke job than to pull off two big comeback wins.
And as much as we can take solace in that we at least scared the bejesus out of the Sox in these last two games, the bottom line is that the Sox won the series.
And those offensive woes of June and July? They haven't totally gone away, you might notice.
As I said before, I'm still not convinced.
I'm starting to lose my patience with Gardy..
No surprise there I guess, but I'm starting to wonder if he's the manager that can lead the Twins to a title.
I'll get into more detail on that later.

No comments: