Friday, June 17, 2005

Wipe the Clock

Well I'm just going to shut up for awhile.
I kind of had a feeling that immediately after saying how the Twins could pitch but not hit they'd do something like this.
A 4-run first inning, seven runs total, and a loss thanks to 7 ninth inning runs by SF.
It's been a long time since the Twins have had a loss like that, but at least they hit the ball. I'm an idiot. Although....
Joe Mays=sucky
Joe Nathan=sucky
Terry Mulholland=sucky
One thing I will say, as have on numerous occasions, is to STOP USING JOE NATHAN IN NON-SAVE SITUATIONS!!!!!!
He gets lit every time. His ERA jumped to 3.81 thanks to last nights debacle (last year it was 1.62), and I'd be wiling to bet his ERA in save situations is about 0.75 and his ERA in non save situations is probly 10. I'm not exaggerating, I actually think that's a pretty good estimate.
I know you can't NEVER use him except with a lead, or he'd only get 45 spots a year.
But I think with the way he's gone, Gardy's going to have to:
A) be careful when he decides to bring him in, and
B) have someone ready to go in the bullpen whenever he comes into a tie game. If the first guy gets on, get him the hell out of there.

No comments: