Thursday, March 31, 2005

Gardy, sometimes, is dumb

I might as well get this out of the way.
As much as I love Ron Gardenhire, and I do love the man, somtimes he makes me choke on my dome dog.
Like leaving Joe Nathan in last October. Like letting the team's baserunning skills decline each year. Like sending Mike Ryan to pinch hit against Roger Clemens in the playoffs in '03. Like keeping Seth Greisinger on the roster instead of..... well, you get the idea.
Anyway the latest B.G.I. - Bad Gardy Idea - Keeping four catchers.
Seriously what the hell?
Managers who keep three catchers have been getting laughed at for years.
I realize there's not much catching depth in the minors, but Corky Miller is.....well he's Corky freaking Miller.
A bench that consists of Corky, Redmond, Juan Castro, Fatty Matty and Punto, quite frankly, sucks.
Don't do it Gardy.
Don't do it.

No comments: